Sep 3, 2008

Today's Tree - Mt Hood Wilderness


URBAN PINE GOES RURAL

Mt. Hood Pine.


Rejoice, ye Urban Pine readers (both of you) for we have a special treat this week. By broadening the definition of "Urban Pine" so that it instead means "Any Pine," we bring to you an alpine guest. The moral of this week's interview? Even when you're green, the grass is always greener.

ME: Hey there, Mr. Rural Pine. What's it like up here in the forest?

TREE: Pretty, I guess. But cold. Guess what? It's August and I'm already covered in snow.

ME: I noticed that. So how does it compare to living in the city.

TREE: Man those city trees have it so easy. Up here, we have to worry about being buried in snow, about rain washing out our roots, about forest fires, about bears scratching us, beavers cutting us down, loggers, and I could go on. What is there to worry about for trees in the city? Man, they have it good. Those lucky lucky bastards.

ME: Well, you have your looks.

TREE: True, and thanks for noticing. Plus it's nice to be with my family. I do feel sorry for urban pines, separated from their seedlings and spread to who knows where. On the other hand, I bet they don't get snowed on in August.

ME: You're probably right. Well, that about wraps it up. Any last words for our readers?

TREE: I always like to encourage people to come out and see me. There's lots to do up here. My motto, if I had legs, would definitely be "Up a mountain, Down a beer."


Tune in next week for a return to the urban portion of urban pine!

2 comments:

janessa said...

I like your tree's motto.

v_gun said...

trees with motto's are the COOLEST!!