Aug 19, 2008

Today's Tree - MT. TABOR PARK.


It's hard to believe that we, the hard-working staff at Urban Pine, are now marking our first month anniversary.

So far the accolades have been few and far between, but any day now we're thinking we can catch on. And I know I speak for all the trees out there when I say we're willing to sell out faster than the stuff-that-white-people-like dude.

A zombie suggested that I interview a tree outside of the NE territories I have limited myself to thusfar, so to mix things up I gave it a shot. And I'm glad I did, for I found the most interesting tree so far. Who knew zombies were so insightful?

This tree was interviewed on Saturday August 16 at Mt. Tabor during the Adult Soapbox Derby 2008. (For the record, the tree I interviewed is the one on the right, but I talked with the other two pictured and they were cool too).

Me: Hello Mt Tabor Tree. Thanks for meeting me here. What do you think of this crazy derby thing?

TREE: I like it. I like the bustle. I like the cars. And I like the costumes especially. One guy was wearing tights so tight I could tell what religion he was.

ME: What religion are you?

Tree: Atheist.

Me: Wait a minute. An atheist? So you're saying you hate god?

Tree: Not exactly. I hate god as much as you hate leprechauns, unicorns, and martians.

Me: Wait a minute, those don't even exist. Oh, I see what you did there. Clever.

Tree: Thank you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and have a fine weekend. You should come back to Mt. Tabor soon.

Me: Thanks tree! You're awesome!

3 comments:

Cilicia said...

My trees believe in leprechauns, unicorns, and martians.

Mik said...

ha ha nice!

Inga said...

Are you sure the gen(i)us didn't say "A the-ist?"